Levels of Credentials
Efficient helpers in gospel work, especially those who work under pastoral supervision and who devote a part of their time and are actively engaged in some aspect of ministry.
Those who give clear evidence of a divine call and who have had practical experience in preaching.
Those who are of mature experience and whose ministries are recognized and proven. Applicants must be at least 23 years of age and have been licensed for two years by the time they are ordained.
Congratulations on taking this next step in the journey of your calling.
We are here to help facilitate that!
Credentials are given by a recognized organization that authorizes the performance of all ordinances and ceremonies of the church, in accordance with applicable federal or state laws.
Below are the minimum qualifications for ministerial credentials with the Florida Multicultural District
- A minimum of 18 years of age.
- Saved for a minimum of one year.
- Have an immigration status in order according with immigration laws.
- Must be an active member of an Assemblies of God church for at least one year.
- Evidence of a divine call.
- Baptized in the Holy Ghost with the initial physical evidence of speaking in tongues, according to Acts 2:4.
- Manifest a reasonable ability for a future successful ministry.
- Must have completed the minimum prescribed courses for level of application as listed on our website.
- The criminal background check is a requirement established by the General Council for all applicants (new and advanced). This investigation includes a credit report and it is conducted confidentially through the District Credential’s Office. If there is something in the report that the General Council considers a justified reason for not granting credentials, you will be notified.
- If the applicant or their spouse has been divorced, they must indicate this on the applicant's profile and will have to fill out a separate application, which must be approved by the General Council before proceeding with the application for credentials. The cost of this additional application is $ 45.
- For License one must have a clear evidence of a divine call, character and preparation suitable for that calling, practical ministry experience, and an evident purpose to devote one’s life in service to the proclamation of the gospel.
- To qualify for ordination, one must be at least 23 years of age & have held license for two consecutive years immediately prior to applying for ordination.
- Be present on the assigned day for your interview and exam.
- Be present at the Training Seminar for New Applicants and Applicants for Ministerial Advance.